Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Looking Up

After some very springlike weather we are back to the drab and cold of winter.  After all, it IS February, right?  Still seeing flocks of geese flying north...

There were, amazingly, many more geese that I couldn't fit into the picture.
(I was aiming for the geese and the moon)
We must be right along a migratory route.
I'm loving it!!

That same night, after it was dark, another flock flew over our house.
I was outside for some reason or another.
The moon was so bright
and they just shimmered in the moonlight,
honking happily away.
A unique experience for sure.


The kids say that I am getting obsessed with taking pictures of the sky for the Project Sky :: 365 group on flickr.  I'm always looking up anyway and I'm working on trying to remember to take my camera out with me whenever I go outside.  It never fails that when I forget it I miss a fabulous shot!!  :-)



So much beauty just right over our heads!  Look up and enjoy!!


The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.
Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun,
which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes its circuit to the other;
nothing is hidden from its heat.
Psalm 19:1-6

1 comment:

Chatty Crone said...

Flying north - hope they will not get caught in a last blast of winter weather. And I could never get tired of your pictures. sandie