Thursday, August 18, 2011

The UNbeverly Hillbillies

Well, this is just the move that never ends!!  We've spent the last week still yet sorting, loading and moving even more stuff from the old place!!  The house is pretty much a done deal but DH has SO MUCH business stuff.  We have a 40x60 building and a 30x70 building full of his stuff.  It's really slow going since he has to have lots of help--he still can't get around too well and is still in a lot of pain.  I'm hoping that when we get this move done he can take some time off to get well and heal up.  Back surgery doesn't do a lot of good when you can't take the time off to complete the final healing.  It's been over a year now.  :-(

I had a good laugh when he took off with the last load of house stuff we loaded up.  We don't have the money for a regular moving trailer or van at this point so we are using our little 4x8 metal trailer like this one...

When we had it all loaded up with lots of the miscellaneous that was saved for last I confess that it looked like a gypsy caravan or something.  As DH was driving off with it I thought "No.  More like the Beverly Hillbillies!!"  We even had chairs piled on top to hold stuff down (not sitting upright though).


I wish I had taken a picture but hindsight 20/20.  Ironically, DH had to drive to a jobsite in a nice subdivision that morning and he likened it to the Beverly Hillbillies too when a woman walking her dog commented on it!!  Giggle.  But we are like the REVERSE of the Beverly Hillbillies!!  And I'm ok with that.

2 comments:

Fruitful Harvest said...

Too funny!
I pray all is still going OK and that this move will be over soon.
It sounds like the Lord is giving you a sence of humor through it all.
Thats a good thing!

Teena said...

I wrote a long post and then it didn't post. so furstrating. Praying for you. I am so sorry....

I do not want you to quit blogging... remember that sharing our hard times will help others walking through hard times... so much doesn't make sense and we are called to trust. So hard.

Billy's been gone for a month and will return from Maine on the 30th. It has been so peaceful. I am really struggling... you know?

Hang in there... here if you need me.

much love,
Teena