Friday, October 16, 2009

Goodbye to our Jeep Wrangler...

Today we are selling my companion and "friend" of the last year and a half, my dear Jeepie. It makes sense financially, and while we hate to do it, it's a task that needs doing. Sadly. Thankfully, we will not lose any money and will have many precious memories to keep.

This is really hard for me (who says a girl can't love her ride???) and yes, I have cried over it. See, way back in Jr. High I made a friend (a senior in high school, no less!) who had a Jeep. He drove me and some of my friends all over the countryside during summer vacation. I vowed that I would have a Jeep of my own when I "grew up". After some real arm wrestling with DH, 28 years later (though still not "grown up") I finally achieved my hearts desire. Turns out that he's a Jeep lover now too. Not only does he love having lots of fun with it but those Wranglers hold their value extremely well--a plus for any deal-loving man!! I'm so happy that we agree on something that means so much to me!! Hopefully it will not be long until we can buy another one--our goal is to be able to pay cash rather than to accumulate more debt.
So long dear friend!!

2 comments:

Fruitful Harvest said...

Hey Girl~
Sorry to read about your Jeep~
But good for you not to have the debt. God will reward you and you will sleep better!

Blessings,
Georgiann

Roxanne said...

Thanks for the comment. It is very funny we recently sold our jeep compass for cash so we could buy a mini-van and have no debt. It feels great.

Roxanne


http://ourjourneyoftheunknown.blogspot.com/