Friday, October 16, 2009

Harvest of Friends Blog Party


(Please stop my music player at the bottom of the page to watch the "4 babies laughing" video!!)


20 Weird Questions That Will Give a Little Insight Into Who You Are
(Pick whichever ones you want to use , use all of them - or make up your own)

1. What is your favorite thing to snack on while you're blogging?
Baked Lays (original) and French Onion Dip

2. What is one thing you wouldn't want to live without?
Pepsi!! It’s a terrible vice. I can remember being 8 years old and walking to the neighborhood store with my mom and baby sister to buy those big glass bottles of Pepsi. The Lord once convicted me to be soda free for over two years and I could still remember what Pepsi tasted and smelled like. Shame on me, I know.

3. Beach, Mountains or Farm? Where would you live if you had a choice?
What??? We have to choose one?? We actually DO live on a farm but here’s what I really want to do. I want to buy a large parcel of land on the west coast between the beach and the coastal mountains. Then I can ask the kiddos when we need a break from life on the farm, “What should we do this weekend? Beach or Mountains?”

4. What's your least favorite chore/household duty?
Mopping!! Wait!! Who mops?????!!!!

5. Who do people say you remind them of?
Someone they used to work with/know. People constantly mistake me for someone they used to know or work with!! Weird.

6. Prefer parties and socializing or staying at home with the fam?
Staying home hands down!! Definitely a homebody introvert.

7. What's your all time favorite movie?
Lord of the Rings Trilogy

8. Do you sleep in your make up or remove it like a good girl every night?
Makeup? They still make that stuff?? Ha Ha!!

9. Do you have a hidden talent or a deep desire to learn something that you've never had a chance to learn? What is it?
One of these days when life slows down I’m going to learn to play the piano and speak French. Probably not at the same time but I do like to multitask--so you never know.

10. What's one strange thing you're really good at?
Cleaning and organizing closets. My house might look like a hurricane blew through but my closets rock!!

11. What first attracted you to your spouse?
His soft curly hair and big blue eyes. Oh and his shyness.

12. What is something you love to smell?
Coffee. Don’t like to drink it but love the smell

13. Tell something about you that you know irritates people.
I’m always late. My sister says that when I die she’s going to pay the hearse driver to make me late to my burial!!

14. When you have extra money (HA!) what's the first thing you think to do with it?
Buy books!! And craft supplies!!

15. Are you a silent laugher or a loud laugher? What makes you laugh the hardest?
LOUD!!! It's kind of embarassing really. I laugh easily when somebody goofs up what they are saying--myself included (I am always the first to laugh at myself!!) And I confess that this video cracks me up every time I watch it!!



16. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Hobby Lobby or JoAnn’s and of course yard/garage sale-ing

17. What's one thing you'd do more often if you had more time?
Traveling with my family

18. Are you a big spender or frugal?
I’m a spender to DH’s dismay. I do love to get a deal though.

19. Who is your favorite character of all time (from a movie or book)? (Can't be real)
Anij (Donna Murphy) in Star Trek Insurrection













20. Would you want to be famous?
No way!!!

7 comments:

Susan said...

Hi,

So nice to meet you! I really enjoyed learning about you.

LOVED the song you have playing, one of my all time favorites.

Your blog is so nice♥

Abigail Kraft said...

First of all, I greatly respect you for your favorite character...Star Trek will always rule with a vengeance!

Secondly...I need to hire you to organize my room...I am extremely disorganized. When my room looks tidy, it's really just because I have things stuffed into closets, cabinets, and drawers...out of sight. :D

You have a beautiful family! It's funny, I remember my mom showing me a picture of your son not long ago because he's growing his hair out for dreadlocks...so that officially makes your family incredibly cool! lol. ^_^

Thanks for visiting my blog! Hope to visit again! :)

--Abigail

Whitney said...

Yeah really, I mean mopping. What is that? I enjoyed reading your answers and that video is adorable.

Nutmeg said...

I am so glad you actually put the laughing babies video on your blog. Someone else mentioned it and I was too lazy to go look at it, but when I saw it on yours too, I played it. How absolutely adorable!!!

Nice getting to you know you even better! :)
Amy @ Raising Arrows

the monkeys' mama said...

So nice to meet you on this blog roll! You seem like an incredible woman of God. I laughed when I saw what chore you abhor--I seriously LOVE mopping! :-o

Julie Arduini said...

You have such a beautiful family! I enjoyed reading your answers and visiting your lovely blog!

Desi said...

Hi! I stumbled onto your blog from the blog party- how much fun is it learning all kinds of crazy things about people? LOL

Just one more thing- I learned early how to mop: my grandmother called me and my cousin into her kitchen on day and told us we were going to mop the floor... she proceeded to squeeze out about half a bottle of dish soap onto the floor and tell us to sit down on a towel- she then picked up the other end and pulled us around the kitchen floor! LOL- that's my kind of mopping!!