Friday, October 23, 2009

Goodbye Grandma

Yesterday, my dad called. I hadn't heard from him in a while and was mentally guessing why he was calling. He sadly informed me that my grandma had passed away. She was 92 on her birthday earlier this month.

I hadn't seen my grandma in a little over 4 years. It was shortly before she went into the nursing home after she broke her hip. She had alzheimers and several months ago my step mom said that you couldn't really even recognize her as she was so tiny and wasted away. She didn't really know who anyone was anymore and slept a lot. My dad's side of the family has an uncanny gift for living in ill health for a very long time.

I don't believe that my grandma ever gave her heart to the Lord and was very outspoken against "religion". I loved her irregardless. I will miss her.

The funeral is on Monday morning so we will probably start our Monday bright and early driving the 4+ hour drive there and will have to leave that evening to get home for another busy week.

Please pray for our family and for traveling mercies.

No comments: