Friday, December 31, 2010

Couple of Things to Report...

Congratulations!!!...

Daughter #2 finally did it...
She passed her drivers permit test (the written test). She's really excited but a lot nervous too. We're a cautious lot when it comes to driving. I was 18 too when I got my permit and license. My mom was in her late 30's! Daughter #1 says that she may never get hers! Ha ha!  On the other hand, DH knows no fear when it comes to driving!!  I think he was born behind the wheel of a go-cart or some off road vehicle!!  ;-)


Happy Birthday!!!
Son #3 had a birthday yesterday!!  His 21st!!  I took him shopping for a gift and he wanted a Ninja Food Processor which both processes food and makes smoothies.  He does lots of raw food and has been using my stuff but really wanted his own.  I'll be so happy to have all my equipment back!!  Yay!

I usually let the kids choose the meal plan for their birthday and we had our family favorite "BIG breakfast" (which was really brunch) consisting of bacon, fried potatoes, biscuits, gravy and fried eggs.  Then for supper he chose fried chicken, homemade french fries, pork and beans, green beans with bacon, bacon and ranch pasta salad (the theme of the day seemed to be bacon flavored!).

Make a wish!!
Devil's Food cake with homemade chocolate frosting and Caramel Brownies!!

Aside from food, one of Son #3's interests over the years has been growing his hair out and I thought I'd share some pictures...

the mohawk...

 the "fro"...

 the heavy metal 80s look...

And his "natural" look...

His eventual goal is to put his hair in dreadlocks but it's SOOOOO... curly that he's got to get it good and long so that it won't stick straight up.  He's getting pretty close I think!


Some life events of this past year for Son #3 has been...

Being the best man in his brother's wedding (Son #2) in Hawaii (his first time to fly!)

Becoming our full time employee (our only employee at this point!). And how does that make him feel?...


One of his other passions is working out to P90X but he says that I can't show any body building pictures until he's totally "ripped". Ha Ha!!


Have a blessed year Son!!!!

No comments: