Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Bit Frustrated

I confess that I've been a bit frustrated lately with my medication.  If I take my glyburide/metformin combo twice a day I have low blood sugar crashes and I'm forced to eat carbohydrates to keep my levels up.  If I take just one pill a day (usually at the noon meal) my blood sugar reading just kind of creeps up until I'm back to having to take 2 a day--until I start crashing again. 
I'd love to go to my dr. and try to get his input but he suffers from a "God complex" and finds it hard to believe that the average person could understand health issues without having been to medical school.  And I suppose I can see his reasoning since I was silly enough to get myself in this mess in the first place.  So I just kind of try working things out on my own until I'm forced to go in for a visit.

My next step is to cut my pills in half and take a half twice daily.

I'm still working on Somersizing and trying to combine my foods correctly eating mostly Pro/Fats.  I'll try to post some of the recipes I've been enjoying in the next few days.

No comments: