Monday, October 20, 2008

Getting to Know Me

For my first post I'd like to introduce myself and tell you a little bit about our family...

My name is Kris. My DH and I have been married for over 27 years and we have 10 living children that we have always homeschooled and 4 little ones in Heaven. Our oldest son is married and they have blessed us with 1 grandson on earth and 3 grandbabies in Heaven.

Our family is "QuiverFull", meaning that we allow the Lord to plan our family. DH and I are now in our 40's and the Lord has not blessed us with another child since our last birth in 2006. Our son was stillborn at full term. While we long for another baby (and I suspect that we always will long for "just one more") there is peace in knowing that our Heavenly Father is in charge of my womb.

We are homeschool veterans, educating our children at home since 1987. It is a lifestyle that we love.

Our family lives on a mini-farm in Mid Missouri. We have an older cow (which is getting ready to be going into the freezer soon), an ornery, unspotted Appoloosa mare, a small herd of Nubian Goats, a few Shetland Sheep, chickens (for eggs) and one lone old guinnea hen. For pets we've got a couple of dogs a few barn cats, 3 parakeets, and 5 Guinea Pigs.

We garden for much of our food and have a small orchard as well. I love growing things and feel so much better about eating something that I know where it came from and how it was treated.

I look forward to sharing more about us in the future!!

No comments: