Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Spring Snow Days

On Sunday morning we awoke to the snow coming down.  The forecast for our area was 7 to 12 inches.  Some of it melted as it was coming down and throughout the day.

Sunday Afternoon

It snowed all day Sunday and by Monday morning I measured 8 inches--but it had still continued to melt overnight.  Who knows how much we would have had if it had just been a few degrees cooler.

Monday Afternoon...

I gathered the kids up and we went out to build a snowman.  After a while the little boys got tired and wandered off.  Daughter #4 stayed out with me as long as she could before she felt too cold.  So there I was out in the front yard, a grown woman, building a snowman all by myself!!  :-)  I gave him an Easter basket for laughs!  Happy spring, right?

Tuesday afternoon this is what it looked like in our yard. 
Everywhere we had been walking was mostly melted with
the warm sun shining down.

I got my suet feeder full of yarn scraps put up!
I hope we see some of the bird nests with these scraps in them.

Visit Juniper Moon Farm for directions.
(Yarn scraps must be between 4 and 8 inches long!)

1 comment:

Michelle G said...

love the yarn scrap idea! how cute! SNOW. wow I don't even know what to say about that! it's pretty but i'm sure you're about through with it for this year! We had a few "cold" days 40's and 50's and I went out in sleeveless because I'm always HOT HOT when pregnant! I LOVE IT - wish it would stay :) But by this weekend it'll be back up in the 80's