Sunday, February 3, 2013

An Early Spring

It's official!!  Spring is on the way.  But we didn't need Punxsutawney Phil to tell us that, did we?  I mean it's just kind of inevitable if one is patient long enough.  :-)  I was struck by the irony of some future culture thinking how primative and foolish we are for using a rodent to predict the future.  All in good fun.  All in good fun.
Associated Press/Keith Srakocic - Groundhog Club co-handler Ron Ploucha holds the weather predicting groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, after the club said Phil did not see his shadow and there will be an early spring, on Groundhog Day, Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013, in Punxsutawney, Pa. (AP Photo/Keith Srakocic

And yes, here at the homestead there are signs of impending spring as well...  For now they're buried under the 3 1/2 inches of "occasional flurries" that we got last night.  The updated forcast last night said that we wouldn't get more than an inch by 2am but we had 3 inches before midnight.  Which leads me to believe that no matter how much I hear that meteorology is quite accurate nowadays, I know in my heart that oftentimes it's just pretty much somebody's best guess.  No matter.  What would be the fun in always knowing what to expect.  :-D

3 1/2 inches of "occasion flurries"

The wooded area beside our place
You can barely see the moon peeking through
the trees.

The birdfeeders

The elm tree

Our neighbor's barn

Our new adopted stray kitty...
Mr. Blue
 
Oh how I miss my camera!!   My iPhone just isn't the same (Daughter #2's camera battery was dead!).  :-( 

Until next time...

No comments: