Friday, November 30, 2012

Writer's Block

Guess I've wound up and gotten me a good dose of "writer's block".  I just can't seem to dredge up anything interesting to post about here nowadays.  :-) 

Life goes on with it's usual comings and goings.  I do the standard domestic engineering stuff--cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping, etc...  The kiddos are on our usual holiday break from school (Thanksgiving until after the New Year) and are helping their daddy insulate the underpinning of our mobile home.  It's hard work but they are doing it without too much complaint.  It won't be long until this little place is the epitome of what a well insulated, energy efficient dwelling should be!!  If I could just keep up with all the dirt getting drug in from the boys having to crawl around underneath the trailer...  Wow!  At least they enjoy the excuse to get good and dirty.  ;-)

We are having fun this Christmas season so far with gift buying, decorating our tiny tree, listening to Christmas music and making lots of handmade gifts.  I can't share what they are yet since I have family who will be receiving these gifts and who also read this blog.  (Hello there!!!)  :-)  Maybe I'll post some pictures after Christmas.

I still haven't found my camera and I am earnestly worried.  Daughter #4's camera has a bad battery and I recently ordered her a new one so that we will have a working camera again.  I can't wait until it comes in!!  Have you ever noticed how many photo opportunities arise when you DON"T have your camera?  Crazy!!

DH has a doctor's appointment today for another evaluation on his back so I will leave you with a couple of pictures I took some time ago (I just can't have a pictureless post!!!) of one of my favorite things to photograph...  the sky.

Beautiful Sunset Colors!!

Interesting formations.
Doesn't it look like these clouds were drug across the sky?

1 comment:

Chatty Crone said...

Those clouds are so unusual - I don't think that I have ever seen any looking like that. And isn't it the truth - no camera = a million photos. lol

sandie