Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Seeing Some Progress


Well, I didn't begin the Reversing Diabetes diet as soon as I had planned but I've begun and am seeing some progress all around.
  • My fasting blood-sugar results were 148 this morning with not having had medication for several days now.  I ran out of pills and just ran with the whole thing. 
  • My normal (most of the day) diarrhea from the medication is gone now.  Yippee!!
  • Nausea from the medication is gone now.
  • The pain that I had been having along the underside of my arms (started when I began taking the medication) is gone now.  I've had it before off and on even when I wasn't taking the meds but it was way worse while taking them.
  • I'm exercising because I know it's part of the "program" and needs to be done since I have to get my blood-sugar lower--not relying on the meds to do all the work.
  • I'm enjoying many of the "forbidden" carbs that I thought I couldn't have anymore.
There are still lots of things that I need to work on in working toward more healthful eating but I wanted to give a quick update.  I'll share some of what I'm doing when I have more time.  Also you can check out Dr. Whitaker's blog...

 http://blog.drwhitaker.com/blog/reversing-diabetes

No comments: