Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Handy Dandy "Hoematic"



This little gadget is worth it's weight in gold in my garden!!  It's called the "Hoematic".  We till our garden in the spring and then use this sweet little cultivator the rest of the season to keep the weeds manageable, loosen the soil, hill plants, etc...  Sometime last fall we lost ours.  (In my garden that's the equivalent of losing an arm or even my head maybe!!).  It was miserable.  I looked in all the stores that I thought might carry something like it--but no one had anything. 
     I still have hope that our old one will turn up somewhere (perhaps DH used it and left it lay--wouldn't be the first time) though it does need a new handle.  We've owned it for about 6 or 7 years now.  I've searched the Internet and find that these Hoematics are somewhat difficult to find yet reasonably priced--until you add in the shipping.  I mean please!!  The things weigh less than two pounds but the shipping is between $10-$18!!  Today I found something similar (probably not as good) at Home Depot for $11.  If I can ever get my hands on another Hoematic you can bet I'm going to buy more than one!!! 

1 comment:

Fruitful Harvest said...

Hi Kris~

Looks like a wonderful tool!

I look foward to seeing your garden grow! lol

Blessings,
Georgiann