I would have to say that my number one goal for 2010 will be for our family to lead a way, WAY more frugal/simpler lifestyle than we are accustomed to. We've already started making small steps that are adding up nicely such as...
- DH and I not having as many "date nights" (dinner out and a movie or shopping) as we used to
- Not eating out or bringing home fast food
- Eliminating expensive organic/healthy junk food
- Cutting WAY down on inexpensive unhealthy junk food
- Limiting my online buying
- Staying home more
All of these changes have been made out of necessity. To my husband's dismay, I am a spender. Sigh. I hate to admit it. But there it is. It hasn't been easy for me but I'm adapting--and even desiring to become as frugal as possible. My dreams have always been to be self-sufficient, live off the land, etc... but you know, that's hard work!! :-) Works nice in theory but takes a lot of effort to live out.
So here I am, putting on the work boots and gloves and asking for some guidance. If anyone has any favorite frugal sites or tips, I'm all ears!! Pass it on!!
I have a new favorite quote by Thomas Edison...
"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"