Sunday, May 31, 2009

Strawberry Heaven

Our little strawberry patch has been providing us with many baskets full of juicy, sweet goodness for several weeks now. Over Memorial Day weekend we got our biggest picking ever and I decided that I was going to preserve some of that yumminess for winter when fresh strawberries are just a memory. Normally I freeze our strawberries whole--provided that I have any left from all the sneaky little hands taking "just one more". We use them for smoothies that I make in our VitaMix. I also make fruit leather for the kids to snack on making sure that the dehydrator stays below 100 degrees so that they keep all their happy little enzymes to aid in digestion. We really do love our raw fruit!!




The picture doesn't do justice to how many strawberries are REALLY there!!
From left to right: Strawberry-banana-yogurt fruit roll ups (they were so good!!), Strawberry spread (it was supposed to be jam but it's a bit thin), Strawberry syrup (we mix it with pancake syrup to pour on top of our banana pancakes), Strawberries frozen whole--almost a full gallon size freezer bags worth.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Your fruit roll ups look wonderful. I got a vitamix this year too. I love it.
Blessings,
Dawn

Fruitful Harvest said...

Wow you've been busy!
I just planted 6 strawberry plants....3 Sequoia and 3 Quinalt.
They were $3.50 each plant. So I will have to wait a few years for the runner to spread!

What kind do you have? They look big....mine were small and not to sweet! I might try(plant) a differnt varity?

Well done Momma!

Blessings,
Georgiann